(2 medium) Russet potatoes
(4) Pastured Eggs
(1 and 1/2 cup) Raw Cows Milk
(1 pound) Bacon
(1 and 1/2 cup) Cheddar or Monterey Jack
(1/4 teaspoon) Salt
(1/4 teaspoon) Pepper
- Slice potatoes into round slices about 1-2 mm thick.
- Line a buttered glass pie dish with the sliced potatoes, overlapping to cover any gaps.
- Bake the potato crust for ten minutes. While this is baking, start frying the bacon.
- Finish frying the bacon. Drain on a paper towel lined plate. Once cooled, tear into bite sized pieces. It is ok to taste test the bacon during this step!
- In a bowl, beat eggs. Add milk, salt, pepper, nutmeg, and shredded cheese. Mix in bacon. Pour into the potato-lined dish.
- Bake until golden, about 40-50 minutes.
- Pair with a kale salad or fresh spinach.